Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Wait Is Over



6:15 -- I woke up with Abe's alarm. I felt nice and calm as I tried to go back to sleep. But after tossing and turning I looked at my alarm that said 6:15. After unsuccessfully falling back asleep I decided to get out of bed about 6:30 and take my morning pills. Since I don't have to go to work this morning I was hoping to sleep in a little bit (to pass some time) and go in to my lab appointment a little later than 7:00 am. Now I guess I will probably just bundle up and get in there on time. Right now I have a little pit in my stomach and feel a bit like I am going to vomit.

6:45 -- I feel a little better after eating a few crackers. I'm not always an easy needle stick so I am trying to get some extra fluid in to make it easier on the lab tech (and myself!). I'm dreading going out in the sub zero temperatures and piles of snow but I guess it is time to bite the bullet and bundle up.

7:10 -- After checking in at the clinic I head to the lab. Thankfully after only one practically painless poke, it's done. I head back to my car and home. I feel surprisingly calm. I know that Abe is in the OR this morning. So, even if I hear back I will have to wait until he is between cases to reach him with the result.

I decided to read my scriptures to pass the time and hopefully hold on to that calm feeling. These scriptures spoke to me, for obvious reasons.

Isaiah 54: 1 -- Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into signing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord.
vs. 7 -- For a small moment I have forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
vs. 8 -- In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, said the Lord thy Redeemer.

8:10 -- It's been an hour. I'm feeling surprisingly good. I feel like whatever happens today will be ok. I will surely be emotional about either result but I feel like it is in God's hands. Maybe I can take a little nap now that I'm not so worried.

9:05 -- I never fell asleep but I got the call from the nurse with the result. That was less of a wait than I expected. So grateful they put me out of my misery relatively quickly.

Now, if only Abe would finish his OR case so I can tell him the result.





No comments: