Tuesday, January 6, 2009

....Hmm

I'm not doing any New Year's resolutions this year. I have my own New Life resolutions...the ones I am constantly working on, usually failing, but hopefully making some very slow progress on over the years.

Right now I have been working on taking better care of myself. The BodyWorlds exhibit re-energized me. I want to have the nice, sleek muscles and anatomy. I don't want the plaque-y arteries or the fatty liver. My best game plan includes: 1)eat the recommended number or fruits and veggies each day; 2) listen to my body; 3) make exercise a bigger priority, even if it is just 15 minutes a day. I think these are manageable enough steps to reaching my bigger goal of pristine guts.

My one frustration, however: today I have been starving all day, despite eating well. I exercized tonight and all I want is a cheesy quesadilla. Grapes didn't quite do it for me. It just seems ironic. This is a good time not to follow objective #2 above.

Good luck with the goal reaching this year!

No comments: