Monday, January 26, 2009

As you can see, my countdown clock ran itself down to 0. I got the news by email at about 7:30 am. I know you are all in suspense.

Going into it I thought I had a surprisingly good chance considering what a long shot it was to apply only to one school. Everyone was telling me it would be crazy for them not to choose me as I am well qualified and they have not had a woman in years and years.

When I got the email it was like, "Finally, after all of these months, and a long night, it is here."

And I have to admit I was surprised (a bit) to see

"We regret..." That put a fast end to all of the waiting.

I am disappointed. Maybe slightly relieved. Mostly, I am annoyed that I was so excited to be a regular old dentist and now I am dreading having to ever make a denture again or a crown on #15, etc. So today I think I am feeling a little bad.

11 comments:

The Swensons said...

I am so sorry, Erin. What a disappointment. Would you consider applying for other schools?

Lisa said...

I am so sorry to hear, let me know if you want to talk, if there is anything I can do to help let me know. What a bummer

Abby said...

This whole time I've been thinking how brave you are to blog about this! That's impressive. I've always wanted to hide stuff I've applied/auditioned for until I know I got it...not the best attitude.

You were clearly a strong candidate, but you had really tough odds against you. You'll be great as a general practice resident!

Rachel said...

I am just proud of u for having the guts to apply!!
I think u still have amazing things ahead!

shawn said...

They don't know what they are missing.. but remember things happen for a reason, right?? OK, I can't believe I just said that.. I was really hopeing for you and keeping my fingers crossed..
HEY.. there is some good $$ in doing another denture and C&B isn't so bad.. You can always take an implant class and do those as just a "regular" dentist!!!

Cami said...

I'm glad I checked your blog today. For some reason you were in my thoughts! I guess it was for a reason. I'm sorry to hear about your dissapointment. We had a friend whose match day was today as well. Ours will be in the middle of March, so we still have a lot of waiting. You have SO MANY!! talents, I know this isn't the end for you.

Dave said...

I know it is disappointing and I am sure that any thing cliche I say won't help, but know I love you and I am sure you will be fine, and even this opportunity may come back around. Life can be interesting that way. -Dad

Suz said...

I am sure that whatever turns out will feel right for you. Life goes on and I love you.

Bob said...

Those #@%&*# people wouldn't know a great candidate if you went up an' bit 'em on the ass.

Diana said...

Hey Erin,

I'm sorry about the results. I know that you will be amazing at what you devote your time to. I'm thinking of you and sending you a hug from North Carolina!

Aggieland Mom said...

Oh my darling Erin, I'm so sorry. You will be awesome at whatever you do, I know that! If you need a pick-me- up, let me know! We'll go out and do some girly stuff! Love ya.