I almost lost one of my denture patients today. Turns out that after his 6 weeks of healing from a surgery I did, he had a bony spicule in another area that would interfere with his denture. It will take another 6 weeks of healing before we can get started again and the surgery clinic was booked up until the middle of April. I have to start all denture patients by May 1 or I will not be finished. Poor guy would have to go without teeth until next semester when they could begin the 2-3 month process. Luckily, one of the faculty members offered to get him in earlier. Phew!
I also got going on two gold crowns. I have four patients currently going. I am still behind where I need to be and I have no patients on Monday which isn't helping...but hopefully I can get ahead. I have had a lot of time to do lab work at least.
Tomorrow I get to do my first root canal, if all goes as planned. Wish me luck!