Sunday, March 16, 2008

Babies

One of my close friends just had her first baby. While many of my friends have kids, I was never there to see them during the pregnancy or even until the child got much bigger. So, this was my first close friend to see get the belly and feel the kicking, etc. It just boggles my mind, that one day it's just the two of you and the next, there is three and your life is changed forever. A new person is there. It seems so bizaare and unbelievable to me. I guess that is why they call it the "Miracle of Childbirth."

I can't imagine being at that stage in my life. I guess it is okay that after only 8 months of marriage it seems out of the question (I have way too much school left) but wow, I can't fathom having any kids right now but so many young mothers do it so well, and with multiple tiny children. Nursery every other week at church makes me realize how much work it must be. I need a break after my 2 hours of giving parents a break. Hopefully I'll manage when my time comes!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Hey Erin,

You will be a wonderful mom some day, and you will know when the time is right. I'm still trying to get used to my new schedule. Notice the time I'm posting this comment, ha ha. I figure, though, that every day I can have a new, small victory in terms of figuring out how to coordinate a routine. You will be able to adjust very well. But still, enjoy the time you and Abe have now. Mark and I are glad we had the time alone that we had, but it sure is special sharing a baby with him. I am amazed at what an amazing father he already is!