Monday, March 16, 2009

Board Un-luck

Well, less than one week until my clinical licensure exam. I am relieved to have a few days off this week to prepare, regroup, and relax.

As for the progress in finding patients, as of Friday afternoon I thought I was set with all three of my patients. As of Friday evening I was down to just two.

My friend had recently found a patient for us to share. It looked like a golden opportunity and just what both of us needed less than 2 weeks before the exam. She chose which tooth I would do and I was to use the patient Sunday morning and she would use her Sunday afternoon. However, my friend at the last minute (Friday night) decided she didnt feel it was fair that I would get to submit the patient first and potentially use up a qualifying cavity that she may need. So, one week before the exam I was pretty much left to fend for myself again.

Luckily, I have two cavities in my other patient. However, that means instead of a filling in the front tooth that I have done dozens of times, I will have to do a different kind of filling on a back tooth that I have not done since sophomore year. I would rather not practice this again when my whole dental license rides on it but it will have to work.

We'll see how it goes. I could really use your prayers this weekend!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Good luck Erin. You are definitely in my prayers!

Chelsea said...

Will do. Sounds scary, good luck!

Aggieland Mom said...

I will be praying for ya! Goodluck!!

brenna said...

Oh man! That's annoying! I'm sorry, good luck!

shawn said...

I will be thinking of you and praying for you.. YOU will do great!!