Friday, February 27, 2009

Good day

I had two patients tell me today how much they liked me and that they want to be the first to know when I set up practice after graduation. That I "Can't work in Iowa City because that is too far away." That was nice to hear! Sometimes I feel like I am getting cranky when I see patient after patient who just doesn't care, comes in tooth after tooth after tooth on emergency without making any changes or being grateful. Maybe I am making a difference for some people.

2 comments:

Dave said...

You are going to be great, this sentiment will become quite common with you. Just remember that helping others should be the primary reason to be in practice, and you will stay grounded.

shawn said...

It makes you feel great when that happens.. I am sure that you are going to be a GREAT dentist!!! And I agree with Dave, you will hear that over and over again.. you care for people.. it shows!