Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wisdom Teeth

Today I extracted my first impacted wisdom teeth! They were the challenging encore to the removal of the remaining upper teeth on one of my patients today. They were soft tissue impactions, meaning they were covered by gum tissue but not bone. So, they were not as tricky as they could have been by any means, but they don't let us do those at the dental school. So, yay for me. A little preview of what I will be doing starting July 2009.

I have been doing a lot of re-evaluating about my OS path. My rotation here in Des Moines has had a lot of OS procedures and I find that that is still my favorite thing to get in and do. I don't mind fillings or root canals, but I feel energized to begin rather than dread and I like sticking with it until the tooth finally POPs out of its socket, even if it is a challenge.

1 comment:

shawn said...

OK, by what you will be doing starting in July... does that mean you got into the OS rotation?? Or did I miss something here???