Thursday, April 24, 2008

OKGO!

Abe and I had an awesome date on Tuesday! We had received coupons for free Chipotle burritos and then went to a free OkGo concert. It was part of the 10k hours program which uses a free concert to encourage students to log 10 community service hours.



This year the featured band was OkGo. I was introduced to them by my brother Colt (my music guru) and they have subsequently become one of my favorite bands! The concert was amazing. There were probably about 100 people present which made me a bit sad for OkGo. I hope they didn't feel embarassed or like they were not meeting their potential as a big named band. But, it made for a very intimate and homey feel where I was almost able to touch the lead singer Damian a few times. I also caught a cool OkGo tambourine they threw out. At one point during the concert they came down into the isle of the theatre only feet away and sang a few accoustic songs including "A Million Ways" where we all got to chant "1 0 0 0 0 0 0 cruel" in the chorus. They had funky background videos, confetti cannons, and light up jackets. All in all it was one of the most fun activities I have ever done and was even better because it was free. I definitely would have paid to see them. Too bad so few students took advantage of such an awesome event.



Unfortunately, Abe's camera lost its batteries just as they showed up on stage! Very sad.



Here they are for those of you who aren't sure who they are.

1 comment:

Colt said...

haha gotta love OKGO. Im glad you had a great time.. i don't think they minded to much they seem to be pretty chill and down to earth. I got to talk to the drummer when I saw them and they seemed way laid back. They put on a great show though lol. Can't wait for Lollapolooza 2008:D!