Friday, December 14, 2007

Pie party

Abe and I are hosting our first party at our place. We've had some other get togethers in the past, but this is our first at our home. I am excited to have people over and use some of the fun things we've received for our wedding. Abe's aunt has pie parties and since I love pie, I thought it was a great idea. I have a lot to do between when I get home and when the guests hopefully arrive. I made a pecan cheesecake pie (see Abe's iron sheff blog for the recipe) last night and am making a chocolate chess pie this evening. I hope it goes well.

My last party only 1/25 of my friends came--I couldn't even bribe them good enough with Abe's amazing carmel apples (again, see his blog). Luckily, Abe always gets a good turn out. I joke that it was a good thing I married him so I don't have to feel like a total dud after my invitations seem to consistenly fail. I hope I break the streak tonight--at least I've had a couple of positive RSVPs.

1 comment:

brenna said...

I hope some people come for you, so you don't look like a loser to your new husband ;)