Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Let it snow

Today was our first snow of the season. I am a bit surprised we made it almost to December but we were close.

Being from Utah, I tend to like snow. Unfortunately, while Utah has “the greatest snow on Earth,” Iowa does not. They may have the “longest lasting ice on Earth,” but definitely not good snow.

We had a small winter preparedness message at church a few weeks ago. They got me really scared for what the Iowa winter can bring…and this is my 6th Iowa winter! We have been lucky so far this year.

This year we will have to start shoveling our walks and driveway.  We were lucky to receive a snowblower from our previous homeowners (to bad it isn’t an ice melter). We also finally got our new windows installed, just in time!

Now, I just need some of these:

2 comments:

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

I was just commenting on my blog how fab it has been this year as well. Too bad that didn't last forever... I could use some of those boots. Wouldn't those be perfect for all the icy days.

brenna said...

Jealous about your new windows. That should help quite a bit.