Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wreath

I had a rare afternoon where I finished early. I’ve been looking all over for wreaths but haven’t been able to get myself to pay for ones I like. I decided to try my hand at it. Luckily, Hobby Lobby was having a 50% off sale for their Christmas items or I would have been in trouble.

 

I guess I have been in a glitter mood because everything I bought was covered in it. I bought a plain styrofoam wreath and used glitter glue spray to cover it with green glitter. Then I wrapped some ribbon and used a glue gun to hold everything in place. I contemplated adding some colored jingle bells but decided against them at the last minute.

 

039

 

040

 

043

Here are more pictures than you could ever want. Can you see the glitter in the pictures? I was happy with how it turned out. I hope the glitter stays on with door slams. Do you think it needs the jingle bells?

 

Here is a preview of my second one. This was a quick throw together. We’ll see how it goes.

057

It is so fun to have a house to decorate.

2 comments:

brenna said...

We just got a hobby lobby here. Great store. The wreaths look great! Good work.

nathan n rachel said...

Don't you just love Hobby Lobby. The wreaths look great!