Tuesday, March 12, 2013

New Diet



I just happened to gain a few pounds (hopefully transiently) on our vacation last week.

I guess the diet gods felt I needed an extra bout of success and placed me back on the trauma diet.

What is the trauma diet, you ask? It's much simpler than some of the other diets I have been researching, but not really realistic long term and unfortunately it may not be a very feasable plan for most. Here are it's basic principles:

(1) The key is being Trauma Chief. Technically, I shouldn't fill this role for another number of months as I just finished taking call for the entire month of February. Unfortunately, a colleague had a death in the family so I am covering this week for him.
(2) Eat whatever you want (mostly), subsisting mainly on cafeteria food (which isn't low-carb, low-cal, or low-fat, but is often low-yumminess and low in nutrients)
(3) Stay busy and stressed enough to eat at strange and inconsistent times
(4) Walk to and from the OR multiple times during the diet period
(5) Wonder how you have lost a few pounds when you've been horrible about what you are eating without any formal excercise

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Suz said...

Wow! The next South Beach Diet. The newest fad in weight-loss.