Wednesday, June 23, 2010

a splash of color and some music

Things are coming along (slowly) on the house. I wish I had a few more full days to get things settled but tomorrow I have orientation. I guess I will have to squeeze in a few more things here and there.

Yesterday we had our new washer and dryer delivered. We were very worried they wouldn’t fit down our scary, steep, narrow, treacherous basement stairs. They did! However, we didn’t know that we had a gas dryer hookup instead of an electrical. Oops.

…good thing we had the electrician come today for an estimate. We have a few small things to be addressed anyway so hopefully we can get that changed soon.

We also had our piano tuned. We bought a piano from a friend who was moving. It was difficult to move but I have loved having it already. It has a great sound and is so fun to play.

Piano_3151

The kitchen and living room are almost completely unpacked. I will need to get some pictures soon. I still have a ways to go, especially on clothes. I haven’t figured out the best way to address our minimal closet space.

I also painted our front door. I have been toying with the idea of an orange door. People seem to turn their nose up at the idea but I decided to go for it. I only have one coat so far but I am pleased with the result. It is definitely an improvement from the pink that was the original. I want to post pictures but need to white out my address first. Any way to do that without photoshop?

3 comments:

Amber said...

You can download a free trial of photoshop, or there is always Microsoft Paint. That might do the trick for a disappearing address.

Abby said...

You can also download Gimp...it's free. Or send me the photos and I'll PhotoShop:)

brenna said...

Congrats on the piano! What a great addition to the new home