Saturday, June 26, 2010

Progress

I finally finished painting the exterior doors and base of the house! It was a much bigger job than I anticipated but I am so happy to be done. I decided to be bold and go for the orange door. I love it! It is so warm and sunny and inviting and much better than the pink that was there before. We also painted over the barney-pink/purple rock base of the house. I replaced "Barney pink" with "Hulk green," no joke. Although Hulk is kind of a pukey color, it looks fantastic on the house. The base is no longer a focal point but blends into the background just as you would hope for a rock base.

I will try to get some before and after pictures up. I am very pleased with my new curb appeal! Also, I have to mention my MIL is awesome and helped me do all the dirty work. Thanks Kristin!

3 comments:

Abby said...

Orange and green, huh? That color scheme sounds familiar;) I bet it looks great--can't wait to see photos!

And yes, my mom is great at that stuff! Whenever we end up getting a house I'm going to have to lure her out for a visit...

Erin said...

I didn't do the orange and green on purpose, Abby...your mom actually chose the green. And it looks more tan than green...but I did have the same thought looking at the orange and green paint on my arms after. It made me laugh.

nathan n rachel said...

I'm excited to see the pictures. Orange suites you. :)