It took me years to try again because I was too worried about "doing it wrong." This was after I was trying to imitate a Japanese family who seemed to really have it.
As I have gotten older, I don't think much about this any more. But sometimes, I can't help but wonder, what do other people notice about me, or others in general. When I think of others I realize I probably don't notice much. For example, sometimes I read blogs where people say things like, "Here is a picture of us, it is HORRID, but you get the idea." Usually I wonder, "are they fishing for compliments or do they really think they look bad?"
This makes me wonder things like:
- Do people notice my bushy eyebrows that I am trying to grow out a bit and don't have adequate time (or probably patience) to pluck perfectly each day?--what about my patients who are probably staring into my eyes (at least the ones who are awake)?
- I feel like I look different from day to day. Some days are horrible and others pretty good. Do I look much different to others?
- Does make-up make that much of a difference?
- Do people notice I really am a scrub most days? (I do wear scrubs most days, granted)
- Am I skinny or fat? When I say fat, I mean, fatter than I like. I can't seem to decide and my Wii fit seems to tell me differently each time.
- Can people tell how bootylicious I am in my scrubs (ha ha, just kidding)
- Do people notice how devastatingly handsome my husband is and do I look out of place next to him? (Merry Christmas, Abe)
My guess is, no, people probably don't. Because honestly, I don't think I notice these things on YOU.