Saturday, October 3, 2009

Missing You

I was looking through some old photos and came across some of these from our "dental prom."
Essentially, it is a somewhat formal event with dinner and dancing to celebrate the graduating class of the University of Iowa's College of Dentistry. This is us back in March 2009.

This got me thinking about the big changes that have come for all of us who graduated in June. Despite the fact that our school supplies 80% of the state's dentists, almost all of my friends left to jobs far away! Virginia, Colorado, Chicago to name a few. I have found I really miss these friends and the special dental bond we had! Yes, we all had a pretty one track mind when together (Abe teases us that we can't stay away from a dental topic for 5 minutes) but I really appreciated that ability to vent about the difficulties of school or procedures, receive advice, and get new ideas on how to approach new dental situations. Although the men I work with now are very approachable and helpful, it just isn't the same.


This is my one friend who will never move away without me (or better not). He lets me talk a lot of dentist (and understands some).


Nazeli (relocated to Denver, CO) and Jin (luckily pretty close in Cedar Rapids)

David, my first and most constant dental friend. We drove to school together on the first day, went to the single's ward together, were assigned to all clinics and most extramurals together, often had assigned seating next to each other, etc. He was really there with me every step of the way. He is doing a general dentistry residency in Idaho.


Michelle (now back home in Chicago)

I guess we get a duplicate of Jin.







No comments: