Thursday, October 15, 2009

Keeping on...

This has been a busy month for me. By the end of this week, I will have been on-call 6 out of the last 12 days. Yawn. It has been an interesting few weeks! Here are some of the things we have seen:

gunshot wound to the face
multiple mandible fractures (I lost count!)
car crash with 6 kids, 3 consulted with us
cute 2 y.o. who split her tongue (think forked tongue) on the playground
woman with a large facial swelling, from subcutaneous emphysema (air under her skin), a complication (VERY RARE) from her root canal performed by one of my classmates (welcome to the real world, huh!?). I was always warned about this in dental school but it was interesting to see in real life
patient with big swelling who refused to be treated because he doesn't like needles (scary)

I am loving that I get to take call from home this week, unlike last. I feel like I am sleeping on a pile of feathers or something after a week of midface.

Boring, eh? I dont mean for myself! But to others. I have nothing else to talk about except work right now.

2 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

I like hearing about your work days! But maybe that because I some dental background.

Suz said...

Me too, probably because I have an Erin background