Sunday, October 4, 2009

Question?


Our program began the interview process again this past weekend. It brought back a lot of memories of last year and the kind of ironic feeling that I am in this situation again, with some of the same stresses and questions about where my life is headed. (This pic is of me getting ready in my my suit last year.)
In preparation for my interview at the end of the month, I have been trying to think of good interview questions/answers. This is where I could use some help. What is your funniest/hardest/favorite/most memorable interview question (and maybe answer)?
I remember for my Iowa dental school interview they asked 39 coined questions with the last being something like, "If a little boy hit himself on the head with a hammer, what would you do?" To this day it seems a very strange question and I don't know the answer or what I said.
I think the hardest thing about interviewing is putting your qualities into words. I know I am great but sometimes I can't put my finger on why, or I can't remember any examples. That is why your suggestions can be helpful to me now.

5 comments:

Aggieland Mom said...

I don't remember any questions I was asked, it's been a loooong time. Heidi told me once that Joseph was once asked in an interview what color he was (as in the personality test). He responded: "Brown. I'm a little bit of each one." HA! Good luck!

Aggieland Mom said...

bcxmvbcbxbzbxcbcbcvcvvxxvvvvvvvvvvvvvvxxcvvvdxccnnbghjgh uyg6775
(um, this is from Alex. He wanted to write something.)

Oriens said...

I was interviewing for a teacher position, they asked me "If a student starts hitting another student, and they won't stop even after you told them to, what would you do." (Get in between the kids and hold him till he calms down)
2. When do you yell at a child? (when there is immediate danger)
Two other question I've been asked is "What unique qualities could you bring into this program"
"If you could have one law passed, what would it be and why?"

Anyways- good luck! You will do great!

Suz said...

Talk to dad about Health Care Reform. Ha ha

brenna said...

My work likes to ask "why are people poor?" or "if you had a magic wand that could change one thing, what would it be?"