Tuesday, July 29, 2008

E. S(c)heff Confusion

I've been lucky. Somehow, for probably the first time in my life, there have been no Erins in my class besides me. Even luckier, no Ambers either (now people don't understand why I would answer to that name, but I definately definately would, and can you imagine the embarassment?). Also, no Jacksons in my class.

But, since I got married, times have changed. There is an Emily Scheff. Seems different enough, right? Yeah, except whenever people are making a quick glance (such as assigning patients, dividing us into groups etc), they often make mistakes. Worse is, often on the computer where patients are assigned or on roles it is abbreviated E. Scheff. People don't know that I have no C in my name so you can see the confusion. Erin Scheff, Emily Scheffield, etc.

Today we were assigned our units for the year. The group I was assigned to was different than my original assignment. I asked if this was okay. The instructor told me I was in group A (obviously) and he didn't know why I got so wrong to think I was a B (maybe because the list said?). I felt confused and a little dumb by the way he had acted like I messed up, and checked into my unit. About 20 minutes later, Emily Scheff pointed out I was in a left handed unit and she in a right handed unit and that she was supposed to be an A but was with the Bs. Yup, the instructor had done the quick abbrev E. Sheff and mixed us up. Thanks for making me feel like an idiot!

I have caught these mistakes quite a few times. How many times have I not caught it I wonder even more? Maybe that could explain some of my grades...I have a hard time believing the graders have been impeccable in their scoring.

4 comments:

Diana said...

How annoying! At least you have an excuse for any less than stellar performances in dental school; you can just blame it on mixed-up identity.

Jared Sorensen said...

Try being me with Jake Sorensen in our class. I've been dealing with that for a long time now.

Erin said...

True, you may have it worse! Jared and Jake. I am used to getting mixed up with people, but not on paper, only in person. This is an adjustment.

brenna said...

It might be worth looking into...