Monday, April 25, 2011

Made up

Do you ever feel like you make the same goals over and over again without success? If not then I want to know your secret because I can’t seem to hack 99.9% of my goals.

But I am happy to report I kept my goal of taking more pride in my appearance, and not just for one week, but two. It sounds kind of silly but having a small simple goal made it easier. I will try to keep it up.

I was really interested to hear the things other people do to feel pretty even on those crazy mornings. Thanks for the tips and encouragement. My routine is pretty simple which I guess is good. Here is what works for me in case you need some extra ideas…

First, I shower at night. This makes a huge difference for me. I get to sleep in a bit longer. I also get to wash off all of the hospital germs (and body fluids) at night. Def a perk! I have been washing my hair less (about every 5 days) and blow-drying it before bed. If I do other things while it air dries it only takes about 5-10 minutes. I comb it into a ponytail everyday for work and my bangs seem to help me feel a little more feminine.

As for make up, I usually only do eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara. That’s it. I’ve never figured out the foundation/blush thing. Should I reconsider? If I’m not at work I may try some lip gloss. Right now I’m sporting orange most frequently (my cousin who is a hollywood makeup artist said recently it was the hot new lip color—and right up my alley). I’m also trying to brave the red lipstick more. I think eyelash curlers make a big difference although I worry it makes my eyelashes fall out.

I also think painted FINGER nails help. I am liking red and blackish hues currently. I also got a new haircut with feathers and colored extensions while on vacation and a mani/pedi. I’ve never felt like a pink girl so I like some more bold, funky colors.

I would like to hear more of your tips for feeling pretty on the go. I like the idea of the tinted moisturizer. I may try that Miranda.

1 comment:

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

Can't wait to see your hair! Hope you had a blast in Utah!