Saturday, July 25, 2009

keep on keeping on

I keep wanting to blog but I don't have anything interesting to really say. That is my disclaimer:

So, what have I been up to this week? It seems like a total blur.

I didn't have class after 5:00pm like the weeks before so it has been nice to have an extra few hours in the evenings. What do I do with the extra few hours you ask? All of this precious free time? ...sleep and study.

Tonight I am on call for the third time this week. So far it has been an extremely quiet week without much of anything! Everyone keeps saying what a strange summer it has been. A few hypotheses about the lack of trauma: 1-cold weather (yes, I have been wearing a jacket quite frequently--in JULY--in IOWA!). 2-ecomomy (less people can afford to get drunk = 90% less facial fractures).

Abe has been gone ALL WEEK doing RAGBRAI, an annual bike ride across the state of Iowa from the Missouri to the Mississippi. I hoped to have our house all cleaned up while he was gone (maybe show myself he was the messy one, not me) but remember what I said before about free time? Yeah. The house is almost identical to when he left. Last night I went to meet him an hour away to camp overnight with him. It was really fun to use our new tent and to see him again, even though I had to leave at 6:15 am to make it in for work. Normally I would have thought it not worth the drive to have to leave so early but I realized it was like sleeping in, actually.

Emotionally: I have been a bit lonely. I have also had ups and downs with feeling like an idiot and feeling ok. There is so much to know but hopefully I am learning little by little.

Another week behind me.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Sleep is always a great thing to catch up on during free time. A clean house is highly overrated (at least that's what I have to tell myself before I get overwhelmed). :-)

nathan n rachel said...

Erin...
Funny...I've been feeling a little lonesome myself lately.

Abby said...

You are awesome! I can't believe you are doing so well on so little sleep--we took a redeye from California last Monday night, and just the one night without sleep had me sick for the rest of the week.

Glad Abe's back so you have some company when you're home.