Monday, February 21, 2011

Feel the burn

Just in time for spring, we are redoing our fireplace. We are adding a gas insert (I’m so excited for the convenience) and changing up the look.

I expect it to look somewhat similar to this, a simple and traditional white mantle with a tile/stone surround.

 

My only problem now is, we can’t seem to choose a surround!

We have narrowed it down to three choices.

Blue Pearl Granite

Black Galaxy granite, which unfortunately does not photograph well. Basically, a pretty black, shiny stone with bronzey-gold specks.

or Metallika Bronze tile, which is also prettier in real life. It is a tile without the shine but does have a metallic-shimmer and a rich velvety texture.

Any thoughts? Realizing they don’t photograph quite as well as they look in real life, of course.

February 2011 049

black galaxy, metallika bronze, blue galaxy

February 2011 050

Speak up please!

12 comments:

Abby said...

At first I thought I'd like the blue pearl best, but I'm actually going to give my vote to the metallica bronze. Of course, as you acknowledged, it's really hard to tell from the pictures. I'm sure it will look great no matter what!

Colt said...

I think my vote would be for the metallica bronze... it just seems to fit your house.

Robyn said...

Third vote for metallica bronze.

Amber said...

I really like the metallika bronze. They are all pretty choices, though!

Caitlyn said...

metallica bronze definitely looks best with your house

Aggieland Mom said...

I agree with everyone... metallica bronze.

Erin said...

Anyone for the granite? I feel like with a full consensus on the one it sounds like a much easier choice than it has been! I guess that an overwhelming majority makes it easier to decide with but for my own hope for having all around good taste, any takers for the blue or black?

nathan n rachel said...

Hmm...I like the black sparkly one, but I think the blue pearl one will be more universal.

Rachel said...

metallic bronze. It will look the most sophisticated and classic, but also will probably be better in terms of resale value.

brenna said...

My vote stays at Metallika. The gold specks one is my second choice.

MichiganMarshes said...

I like the blue pearl. We have a different color of granite around our fireplace, but we love it. It looks great and is so easy to take care of.

Erin said...

Thanks for all the input. I hope the fireplace will be done next week. I'm going to make you wait for the final result to see what we chose...